Tukxi – Eco Guided City Tours Madeira
The best way to discover Funchal and its surroundings
Buzz through the narrow and mazy cobbled streets of Funchal’s old town, or experience the spectacular panoramic views of the coast from Cabo Girão or Garajau. Climb up the hills to the picturesque villages of Monte, Camacha and Curral das Freiras (Nuns Valley), breathe the mountain air and feast your eyes on the dramatic mountain views and local arts and crafts. In a Tukxi we will offer you an exclusive perspective and intimate approach to the island’s history and culture with local and skilled guides.
Cabo Girão Tour – 2 hours 30 minutes
- With a local guide on the driving seat this tour provides a drive along the west coast to the famous sea cliff of Cabo Girão.
- On the way to the cliff the driver will take you, at first, through the touristic area of Funchal, soon after the modern buildings will be replaced with banana plants and superb view over the atlantic ocean and the cliffs of Cabo Girão.
- Cabo Girão has its highest points 580 meters above sea level. From its glass sky-walk you can enjoy some breathtaking views over the coast and beach below.
- On the way down the cliff, a stop in the fishing village of Câmara de Lobos will provide a good opportunity to relax.
- The fishing village of Camara de Lobos is famous for its picturesque looks, with colorful fishing boats in the dry dock right in center of the village, a small bay and steep hills crowded with small old buildings.
- Once on the village you will have the opportunity to explore it and learn about its history, culture and try some of the local delicacies.
- On the way back to Funchal a stop on the volcanic polls of Doca do Cavacas will provide a final view over the ocean and cliffs of Cabo Girão.
- Scenic views over the Atlantic Ocean and the cliffs of Cabo Girão.
- Opportunity to learn about the history, culture and try some of the local delicacies of Camara de Lobos
|2 hours 30 minutes – € 70
Per Tukxi – max. 3 people
|Daily (except 25th December)
Although not mandatory, we recommend booking your desired Tour 24h in advance.
|ENG – DE – FR – PL – PT – ES|
|Pick-up and drop-off in Funchal (Ajuda, Hotel Zone & Funchal Center)
Pick-up and drop-off for Cruise Ship Passengers, directly at the port